Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bake-off #2




Yay its cake time again. Lately I have been finding cake decorating super fun, which is not really surprising as it is definitely a challenging creative outlet. This time the brief was to make a cake for a 'paradise' themed party. Most of the guests were also surfers so I wanted to make something appealing for them. I sketched out a few concepts...sadly the morbid blood red shark cake was rejected and I decided to go with the island scene. Here goes..


Always important to practice your piping technique!!!...I was trying to capture a wave pattern. For any foody geeks out there I used a #233 and #47 nozzle. I worked with a basic buttercream icing recipe. Edible yellow glitter for the sand....and a basic chocolate cake with chocolate ganache filling.



And the end result...Everyone loved the shark bite out of the white chocolate surfboard!

2 comments:

  1. Annie, this looks incredibly delicious in addition to the obvious model making class.

    ReplyDelete