Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Charminar retro inspired wall mural





I recently had the opportunity to create an exterior mural for the newest edition, Henley Beach Charminar, in a chain of popular Indian restaurants. My canvas was a textured 3mx3m wall - when I initially went to survey the site the sun had just started setting and was throwing an amazing orange glow onto the wall. I tried to work this into my design.

Charminar is a beautiful temple in the Indian city of Hyderabad with a striking outline along the city skyline. I had this image of a retro, classic, slightly worn Coco Cola type wall mural stuck in my head. I managed to translate it to the client, they were wrapped so I went ahead and painted the mural. Due to limited outside lighting I tried to keep a lot of contrast in the image.

The highlight of this job was definitely chatting to the oldies on their way down to the beach each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment